Turkey is Coming Soon

---


The cats in their new, bigger cat bed. The little blue-green toy next to Mesko is known to us as a "mouse loaf". It's a strange little toy.

Turkey, Turkey, Turkey, Some Other Stuff, Then Pie...
Next week will be a big Turkey Day celebration. Should be fun for all. We're hosting again this year and expect the company to be especially wonderful. By then, the snow that's fallen here should be melted by the rain that's forecast for this weekend. And who knows what weather we might have next week? Oh, the joys of living in Michigan.


Gluing up a drawer for mom and dad. I clamped the sides of a small wooden box to the sides of the drawer as I was gluing them to keep them at a 90-degree angle.

Leftovers
I've been busy cleaning up "my" corner of the basement - things pile up and get disorganized on a regular basis where the workbench is, and having everyone over for the holiday gives me a good deadline to hit as far as cleaning. I have old paint to get rid of, boxes to break down, and ancient Diet Mountain Dew cans to return for deposits. It's possible some of them have been down there since before the deposit law was passed.

Some Links
Scroll through all the old calculating machines here. Amazing feats of mechanical engineering!

Model motorcycles from watch parts. I really wish I had a giant box full of watch parts right now...

Adam West talks about the old Batman TV show.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment