Happy New Year

Happy New Year to the several people who know about this blog. I hope it's a good one! We're shipping the kids off to Aunt Laurie's today and are going out to eat tonight and listen to some live music. Last night we went out for pizza with some neighbors and back to our house for some talk (and a movie for the kids.)

I'm getting back in the swing of my indoor hobbies with the completion of the workbench and my now-steady progress on the ship model J got me last year for my birthday. My next project will either be a frame saw or a toolbox. Here's a frame saw - http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/readarticle.pl?dir=handtools&file=articles_416.shtml

Maybe I better make the saw before the toolbox...

I still have plenty of work to do in planning the Science Fair at M and K's school, and after that's done, the weather will start to get warm enough to get outside a little more. Volunteering is rewarding but sometimes restricting.

This year is going to be the year of the New Car. We haven't bought a new car since 2001, and we think the time is right with all the incentives and cash back and whatnot. We joked that we would try to walk into the dealership with $5000 in cash and demand our choice of cars on the lot, and they might just let us get away with it. Probably not, but I'm sure the salespeople will be falling down stairs and running outside without their coats when they see us coming.

We're looking at Ford Focus and Ford Fusion currently. I'm off now to check out the Mercurys in case there are any hidden deals there. Then it's off to put away the Christmas decorations, which J is already starting in the other room.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment