Birds in Flight or Just Hanging There

Here are some shots from the birdfeeder in the backyard. I had my camera outside because an oriole was showing up to J's orange/jelly feeder and they usually don't stick around very long. 

Some of the below shots show "frozen" motion of birds, and I picked the best ones that were in focus. Next time I may try to get closer to the feeder, although doing that scares the birds off. 

I used the manual focus on my camera plus the burst mode, in which the camera takes 10 shots per second. Burst mode, plus a very fast shutter speed (1/2000 second) can help capture movement and sometimes get some fun shots. I sat in a chair on the patio, about 15 feet away from the feeder. My hope here was to use the camera settings to capture birds flying in to, or away from, the feeders. 

First, a few photos of the oriole...

Oriole










Birds in Flight or Just Hanging There


Absconding with a peanut


A bird that can float


Putting on the brakes...


No comments:

Post a Comment