Gershwin's Piano Lives! Plus: Cat Picture

---

Mesko stares down a chipmunk, who is not afraid of her in the least.

Gershwin Lives
I've run into mom and dad a few times in the last week, and the first time we were together, dad mentioned he had been in a piano bar and had requested Gershwin. The piano player then played a long session of Gershwin. (I don't remember where the bar was - I think he said it was in a run-down section of New York where they sell drugs.)

A few days later, Jennifer and I went to a concert of all Gershwin music at Hill Auditorium. The occasion kicked off the Gershwin Initiative at the University of Michigan.

The piano on stage, played with every song, was George's personal Steinway A3, which was recently restored. Speakers between the songs and dances told the story of the piano's restoration and history, and U of M students in the Performing Arts school sang, played, danced, and otherwise did the Gershwins proud.

Older Child Update
M has been occasionally attending meetings of Pioneer High's Innovative Vehicle Design (IVD) group. See the IVD website for more details.

He came home after the first meeting and said "I might get to learn how to weld!" Good! M has always loved building things, I hope his interest in this keeps going.

Pictures

I took M to one of his Ultimate Frisbee games in Northville a few weeks ago. I snapped this clandestine photo while I hid behind the trees so he wouldn't have to acknowledge my presence. If you zoom in and focus your eyes, you can see the game in the distance.


K is playing soccer somewhere in this picture.

---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We salute your wisdom of discreetly hiding in order to snap pictures of your sons from a distance. Well played!

Post a Comment