Happy Independence Day, America!



M, facing the camera, in the middle of the action, wins the pie-eating contest. The boy with his back to camera who jumps up and celebrates has not actually won - M won, as determined by the judge in the orange shirt. M has dominated this contest two years in a row. Sadly, this is not the kind of talent that helps him get better grades or leads to a promising career, although it does temporarily satisfy his desire for dessert.

July 4th Greetings to All!

We are having a beautiful July 4 here in Michigan. The weather barely hit the low end of 80 degrees, and we had a picnic with a number of friends, acquaintances, and several people we hadn't met before today.

[Editor's Note: I started this on July 4th, but then we got together with some neighbors to eat s'mores and set off fireworks and it got too late to get it in before midnight.]

Happenings

A band plays to a pretty good-sized crowd at Top of the Park
We went to Top of the Park, part of the Ann Arbor Summer Festival last night. We had some yummy local food, saw some great musical acts including local favorite Laith Al-Saadi, whose music reminded me of southern jam-band blues. Great stuff. M and a friend of his stayed late to see the movie, which ended around midnight. J and I went home and went to bed at a sensible hour.


A Global Hello
I want to say hello to my friends and coworkers in India who tell me they regularly read this blog. Hello to Mahesh, Sai, Sampath (who have told me they read it) and all my other colleagues there.

No comments:

Post a Comment