Happy Father's Day!



K, after splitting some bumpy cake with his mom


M, full of diner pie.

Happy etc. and so on
If you're a father, Happy Father's Day! If you're not a father, Happy Father's Day anyway.

We went to Henry Ford Museum today to see the Titanic exhibit. It had a lot of stories about the ship, the people, and there were hundreds of artifacts on display. Every time I hear about the Titanic, I'm really glad I wasn't anywhere near it when it went down.

The museum recently remodeled their automotive history section. We didn't see as much of it as we would have liked, but we'll go back soon and see the rest.


He's several years away from driving, but M has already picked out his first car.


I want one of these - not because they are comfortable or easy to pedal, but because I want to ride it somewhere and fold it up while everyone watches.

The on-site diner, which formerly did not serve food, presently serves food. We had cake and diner pie for a snack in the afternoon. We cleaned our plates (J and K split a dessert.) M and I had our own pieces of lemon meringue pie.



What's left of the diner pie.

I love looking at the industrial equipment there - the steam engines that drove the belts that powered the machines, the milling machines, lathes, and so on. This drill press looks like it could drill through anything, but was actually created to make holes in donuts. Before it was retired to the museum, it was used by Hostess to hollow out Twinkies (to create space for the creamy center). The rumors that it was used to drill holes in steel panels used on the Titanic were neither confirmed nor denied by the staff at the museum, mostly because I made up the rumor.


So many uses for this drill press...

Beef: It's What's For Dinner
We came home to an All-American meat meal of steak and steak kebobs, using some grill kebob cookers that J and the boys bought me for Father's Day. Dinner was, as you might expect, beeflicious. (It's a word, look it up.)

---

It is my understanding that even though everyone is done with school for the summer, I am still required to return to work on Monday morning, as I do every Monday morning. I'm going to have to look into that. I'm not sure who to ask, though - maybe my congressman?

Everyone have a fun, safe, and father-y Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment